Happy Sunday everyone! What a crazy week it's been and I'm so glad for my favorite day to finally be here. I do have a little work to do today, even though I said Sunday was off limits. The best thing about work? I get to drink frośe afterwards, so I guess it could be worse!
- I hit 10K on Instagram this week!!! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate everyones support. It's been a wild ride building my blog over the last 14 months and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. The community over on Instagram and the whole blog world overall is just so supportive, and I'm so thankful for everyone I've met and gotten to work with. Thanks to all my readers that take the time to like, comment, read one of my posts, or send an encouraging word my way. You all make this possible and I promise to keep building this and creating content and cocktails that you love. I'm relaunching the website soon, I have a lot of fun things in the works, PLUS I have a very big announcement to make this week, so stay tuned!
- My Hamilton Park Swizzle was on Imbibe this week. This was a cocktail I developed for the menu when I worked at Lani Kai back in 2010. It has mango tea infused applejack, palo cortada sherry, pineapple syrup, lime juice, and falernum in it. It was one of my first cocktails that got published and the first that got press. It was the centerfold in Imbibe Magazine for the Summer of Tiki issue in July/August 2011. It's named after a park where I'm from in Jersey City and my first variation on a Queens Park Swizzle. Since then I've done a Van Vorst Park Swizzle, a Lincoln Park Swizzle and an Arlington Park Swizzle. I'm trying to cover all the parks here because if you haven't noticed I'm very Jersey City, NJ PROUD!
- I got some floating shelves installed in the bathroom this week and I'm in love! The bathroom is so small, and the sad part is it's larger than my last one, lol. The upsides are the skylight, which means I never have to turn on a light (unless it's night) and it's perfect for putting on makeup, and the clawfoot tub. Theres a pedestal sink, which is pretty, but theres absolutely no storage and no medicine cabinet. I have some baskets under the tub, a little shelving unit under the sink and these shelves will act as my open medicine cabinet. It's fun to display all my pretty skincare. AND since there's light, I can have a plant. ;)
- CB2 came out with this table and I'm dying. I don't have a coffee table in the livingroom because it's a little narrow. I keep bargaining with myself, asking if I move the couch a few inches backwards can there be enough room for this table? I kind of can't live without it. How can a Palm Springs inspired livingroom exist without a gold pineapple table? Maybe I should buy it to just "see how it feels" in the room. What do you think? Please say YES!
- Amara Living named my first Sunday Kind of Love post one of the top 25 interior design posts of July because of my bedroom progress (and the wallpaper isn't even up). I know I'm a drinks focused blog sharing the occassional home photo, but can I expand into lifestyle and interior? I would love to! I did go to school for interior and exhibition design afterall. We shall see. Maybe just more photos of me drinking in my home.
- Did you see my Dark 'n Stormy popsicles go up on A Beautiful Mess? They are my favorite poptails I have EVER made. Super citrusy, bright, spicy, boozy and refreshing. Perfect for the summer. I think I like them even better than the original drink. I'm not sorry.
Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. What have you been up to? Let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you. Thanks again for all your support. Love you! xo