I did a little holiday decorating last week and decided to spruce up the bar cart in the studio. I bought a bunch of branches for props for shooting Christmas drinks, but they look wonderful as a garland on the cart and smelled super festive! I put all my favorite spirits that I couldn't imagine (living) drinking without, and some basic bar tools.
For the holidays, especially when you will be entertaining, pick a few higher end spirits for your cart. I would say try to have 1 of each spirit, that way theres something for everyone. Vodka, Gin, Bourbon, Rye, Rum, Cognac or Brandy, Scotch, Tequila, and then have sweet and dry vermouth on hand (but keep that in the fridge), an apertif (like aperol or campari), and most defintely include an Amaro. Having Amaro on hand is crucial for drinking after meals, it settles your stomach and helps you digest. If you don't drink bitters regularly start making it a tradition, I love Averna and Cynar! While we're on the subject of bitters, basics here are good to. Have Angostura, Orange, and Peychauds, these are cocktail basics. If you're making something special that requires different bitters like chocolate or cardamom, make sure you have those too! Having Ango on hand is crucial for those Manhattans and Old Fashioneds. Have a few bottles of soda, and tonic on hand for simple mixed drinks as well.
- Home Decorators Collection Eliza 2-Shelf Bar Cart in Gold (Home Depot $249.00)
- Polka Dot Ice Bucket by Mr Ice Bucket (Wayfair $48.99)
- Premium Julep Strainer in Gold (Cocktail Kingdom $21.95)
- Octagon Coasters in white Behr & Co. $49.95
- Oh Joy! Pink Ombre Glass and Rose Gold Cocktail Shaker Pink (Target on sale 16.99)
- Leopold Jigger (Cocktail Kingdom $28.95)
- Skull Barspoon in Gold (Cocktail Kingdom $31.95)
- Yarai Mixing Glass (Cocktail Kingdom $39.95)
- Cherry Stripped Paper Straws - 25 count (Target $7.39)
- Liquor Decanters Love & Victory $50.00
Here are some of my favorite carts to inspire you while you're getting ready this week for the big Holiday Weekend. Would love to hear from you and what you're making for Christmas and what some of the favorite things on your bar cart are. Cheers and Happy Holidays!